Featuring quad-core and eight-thread capability, the i7 6700k is designed to give you massive performance boost in gaming or while running CPU-intensive programs.
However, the i7 6700k typically runs hot fast while running high-demanding programs or even during overclocks. As such, without a good CPU cooler in place, your i7 6700k may end up overheating and causing instability to your system. Higher than the desired temperatures, may also slow down your i7 6700k’s performance or even worse damage it completely.
However, with the best CPU cooler for i7 6700k, you can safely optimize its performance without getting it overheated. These CPU coolers include high-end air coolers and robust AIO coolers, which help keep your i7 6700k cool even under heavy load.
But not every CPU cooler will be great for your i7 6700k, as they vary hugely in terms of sizes, included features, prices, and most importantly their performance levels.
In this article, we’re going to review some of the best CPU coolers for i7 6700k, to help you make a more informed decision when choosing the right one for your unique needs.
Summary of the best 2 i7-6700k cpu coolers
After performing extensive research, we choose the Noctua NH-D15 as the overall best air CPU cooler on our list for the i7-6700k.This is mainly because it features the most powerful fans than the rest of the coolers along with massive dual heat sinks that deliver more efficient and reliable cooling performance.
If you prefer a liquid cooling system instead for your i7-6700k, then the Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM is the best option as it delivers more efficient cooling with advanced performance control and impressive RGB lighting functionality.
Comparison table comparing 5 features of the top i7-6700k processor
9.25 x 11 x 7.5 inches
3.74 x 3.74 x 1.45 inches
be quiet! Dark Rock 4
8.25 x 8.25 x 5.78 inches
Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM
10.9 x 4.72 x 1.06 inches
2- 120mm fans
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L
12.87 x 11.02 x 12.8 inches
2- 120mm fans
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
3.1 x 6.3 x 4.7 inches
Cryorig H7 Tower Cooler
4.84 x 3.86 x 5.71 inches
Best cpu cooler for i7 6700k
1. Noctua NH-D15
As the best air CPU cooler for the i7 6700k processor, the NH-D15 boasts a dual heatsink and dual fan setup that delivers the most efficient and reliable cooling capacity that you may need.
Featuring a dual tower-design fitted with two powerful fans and six heat pipes, the NH-D15 can efficiently keep your i7 6700k cool, allowing you to maximize your CPU’s performance more conveniently.
The two 140mm NF-A15 fans are uniquely designed to achieve high speeds of up to 1500RPM for maximum heat dissipation while maintaining a quiet operation. When in single fan setup, this powerful air cooler allows ample room for taller memory modules. You also can fit standard height memory kits with both fans installed.
The Low-Noise Adaptor included, allows you to completely stop the fans at low temperatures, diminishing the noise entirely.
When it comes to ease of use, this cooler comes equipped with SecuFirm2 mounting kit that makes it pretty effortless to install it onto your motherboard.
- Features dual-tower heat sink design
- Greater compatibility with taller RAM modules
- Delivers an incredibly quiet operation
- Includes two powerful fans for better heat dissipation
- Includes a 6-year warranty coverage
- It’s slightly heavy than other air coolers
- The large fan design may limit installation options
- The pushpins may be harder for some to engage
2. Noctua NH-L9i - another great i7-6700k Cpu Coolers
Another great air cooler from Noctua, the NH-L9i is an outstanding low-profile air cpu cooler that measures just 37mm tall, making it best suited for small factor builds as well as HTPC platforms.
Due to its slim design, this cooler allows you to fit taller memory kits and Graphics cards when upgrading your system.
For the performance, this cooler boasts a high-performance NF-A9x14 92mm fan with an aerodynamic shape and an AAO frame design for enhance airflow and better cooling performance. The fan also offers PWM support, which enable automatic control of the speed for reduced noise output.
The Low-Noise Adaptor enables fan speed reduction from the default 2500RPM to 1800RPM, allowing you to enjoy a more quiet setup.
Just like the NH-D15, this cooler model also comes pre-attached with Noctua’s SecuFirm2™ mounting kit for easy installation.
- Slim fan design allows for greater RAM compatibility
- Low-profile, compact design
- Comes with a Low-noise adapter
- PWM fan for automatic control
- Can manage high overclocks
- Comes with a six-year warranty coverage
- The fab produces noise at maximum speeds
- Not cross-platform compatible
3. be quiet! Dark Rock 4 BK021 - a good cpu cooler for i7 6700k
Coming third on our list is the Be quiet! Dark Rock 4 that stands out due to its noiseless operation and remarkable cooling capacity.
This air cooler features a PWM 135mm fans with an innovative SilentWings design and optimized blades that deliver increased air pressure while maintaining a near silent operation. The cooler also allows you to install a second 120mm fan for much greater and efficient dissipation of heat from the CPU.
It also boasts up to six heat pipes made of copper and ceramic black coating that ensures improved heat conductivity. The fins have a contoured design that helps promote better air circulation for efficient cooling performance.
This quiet CPU cooler offers enhanced compatibility with virtually all modern CPU sockets, so you can rest assured it will work perfectly with your i7 6700k.
Overall, this air cooler is an excellent option for anyone looking for an aesthetically pleasing cooler with a good cooling performance and quietest operation for their i7 6700k.
- It has a quality and attractive build
- Includes a mounting kit for easy installation
- Supports latest CPU sockets
- Offers great cooling performance
- Operates in a nearly silent way even at maximum speeds
- Offers a 3-year warranty coverage
- It can be relatively costly for some
- Some users may find it somewhat challenging to install
4. Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM - a great i7 6700k liquid cooling
Next on our list is the overall best liquid CPU cooler for the i7 6700k, the Corsair Hydro Series H100i strikes a great balance between advanced cooling performance and striking RGB lighting.
For the performance, this AIO liquid cooler features two PWM-controlled 120mm RGB fans with magnetic levitation that enables them to achieve high static pressure for maximum processor cooling performance.
The cooler also comes equipped with a 240mm radiator with an optimized base plate for efficient thermal conductance. The pump works incredibly well and displaces large liquid amounts with minimal noise output. The pump head is designed with vibrant RGB LEDs that produce a colorful lighting effect.
What’s more is that this AIO cooler is made compatible with iCUE software that enables you to easily and conveniently adjust the fan’s speed, monitor and control the CPU’s temperatures and customize the RGB lighting effects for the best experience.
Additionally, this cooler comes with a 5-year warranty cover, eliminating any worry you may have while using it.
- Allows greater customization via its iCUE Software
- Comes with two optimized fans and a large radiator for faster cooling
- It has great dimensions that makes it compatible with many builds
- magnetic levitation fans deliver high-static pressure
- The pump and fans are designed to operate with minimal noise
- software control can be complicating for some users
- RGB lighting cannot be turned off
5. Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L
A great option for anyone looking for the a budget AIO liquid CPU cooler for their i7 6700k, the MasterLiquid ML240L is designed with a special technology for maximum heat dissipation with reduced noise levels.
This budget-friendly AIO cooler features a dual-chamber pump setup that deliver improved liquid displacement and overall better cooling capacity. It also boasts two 120mm fans with a MasterFan design that enables better air balance and increased air pressure for more efficient and faster cooling of the radiator.
The fans are also made using the latest fan technology and fitted with rubber pads that guarantee significant noise reduction even when operating at maximum speeds. The sleeved tubing is reinforced with FEP material for enhanced durability and aesthetics.
The 240mm radiator provides a large enough surface area for better heat transfer and streamlined airflow for maximum cooling.
Through the wired controller, you can easily customize the LEDs lighting effects even when not connected to the RGB motherboard.
- It comes at pocket-friendly prices
- Delivers an good cooling performance
- The RGB lighting makes it quite attractive-looking
- Durable build quality
- Includes a wired RGB controller for convenience
- Two fans and dual chamber setup for enhanced heat dissipation
- The RGB lighting cannot be turned off
- Installation can be tricky for some users
6. Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
A favorite air cooler for many gamers and PC users, the Hyper 212 EVO stands out from the rest of the CPU coolers on our list for its remarkably low price and impressive cooling performance.
The Hyper 212 EVO packs several standout features that makes it a great CPU coolers for i7 6700k including four heatpipes designed with CDC technology that offers direct contact with the heat spreader, offering maximum dissipation of heat from the CPU to the cooler’s aluminum fins.
This air cooler comes equipped with a PWM-controlled 120mm fan with wave-shaped blades for better airflow and minimized noise levels. The fan operates at 2000RPM and is designed with durable sleeve bearing, so you can expect faster and better cooling performance.
That said, this air cooler has the capability to maintain your i7 6700k operating within safe temperatures during overclocking.
- It comes fitted with four heat pipes with CDC layout
- The PWM fan offer a wide-range and optimized airflow
- Installing it is quite easy
- It offers great versatility due to its enhanced compatibility
- It’s highly affordable
- Some users may experience challenges mounting it onto the motherboard
- It may not be the most durable option
7. Cryorig H7 Tower Cooler
The H7 Tower cooler from CRYORIG is another superb budget air cooler that comes packed with a well-thought design and a few standout features for the best cooling performance.
This air tower cooler features a 120mm heatsink with hive fin design that enables for faster and better airflow and heat dissipation. The heatsink also comes fitted with three heatpipes using Cryorig’s Convex-Align system, allowing for an optimized layout onto the copper plate base to achieve maximum TDP capacity.
The H7 tower cooler also features a PWM-controlled 4-pin 120mm fan that has a maximum speed rating of up to 1600RPM for better performance. The fan is also fitted with rubber pads that help to significantly reduce the noise amounts during operation. There are fan clips that help you attach more fans for improved performance.
This compact air cooler features an offset design that offers ample clearance for maximum compatibility with RAM modules while upgrading your system.
Lastly, the H7 CPU cooler comes equipped with an X-Bar mounting unit that provides a fast and secure way to mount it over your i7 6700k processor.
- Can look amazingly great on any build
- Great build quality for enhanced durability
- It’s compact design allows for greater compatibility
- Incredibly affordable
- Good cooling performance
- Designed to offer better memory clearance
- Pretty quiet operating than most in its class
- Quite straightforward to install
- Features a dual-fan capability
- Comes with a six year warranty coverage
- Installation process can be challenging for some users
There you have the best i7 6700k liquid cooling coolers. The above-mentioned CPU coolers are a few of the best cooling systems for i7 6700k processors. Not only do these coolers help to keep your i7 6700k in peak performance, but also prevent the rest of the components from overheating; thus, significantly increasing their lifespan.
If you’re planning to push your CPU to the limit, then installing any of these coolers can help you achieve just that so long as you PC’s case has good air circulation.
Check out these best 240mm aio cooler
See our picks for the best cpu coolers for i9 9900k this year
For the popular i7 9700k here is a buying guide for the best cpu cooler for i7 9700k
Looking for a budget cooler here are the best cpu coolers under 50
Explore some of the Best 360mm AIO CPU Coolers in the market